TO CAR KEYS

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

A Handwritten Note - Priceless

I pulled a book off of my shelf earlier today. As I thumbed through the book, something fell out. It was a handwritten note that my grandmother sent me several years ago (she has since passed away). I read the note and then just stared at it for a minute thinking that the very note that I held in my hands was held in her hands at one time, too. She sent me notes often and many of them I have kept. Think about it. My grandmother sat down and wrote me a note 15 years ago and it still blesses me today. We were very close.

I went out and checked the mail a few minutes ago. I saw a card from a friend. I couldn't figure out why she would be sending me a card. As I read it, once again I was blessed. She took the time out of her very busy life to write me a nice note. It was just what I needed for today.

Tip: Set up a little area perhaps near a desk with cards, stamps and addresses. Make it your goal to bless someone each week with an encouraging word. You can bless your child, spouse, family member or friend. Who knows? It might bless them now as well as 15 years later.



No comments: