TO CAR KEYS

Monday, October 13, 2008

"My mother was my champion."

As moms, we have a lot of influence. Here's the story of a mom who used her influence to change her son's life.

This week I read my first book by Dr. Kevin Leman. Dr. Leman has written many books covering various aspects of family life. In this book, he tells of his childhood. He says he was a failure, He struggled in school. He states that he was "dumber than mud." He had numerous failing grades in high school.He was thrown out of college. He later returned only to "flunk out" several times. Today Dr. Leman is an internationally known psychologist and author. What happened?

He says in his book, "...I credit my success to my mother. She, of all people, was the person who believed in me all along the way. And that gave me the firepower for success in my adult life. It gave me the confidence to discover what I was good at."

Dr. Leman's mom did not have an easy life. She had to go to work full time to help make ends meet. He was a latchkey kid. Dr. Leman goes on to say, "Throughout my childhood, my mother was my champion. Even when, in the world's eyes, I was a failure..."

More about this incredible mom in the next blog -

Have a great day, Robin

No comments: