TO CAR KEYS

Sunday, August 24, 2008

Don't Give Up - Keep on Keepin on....

I have a friend who has been married to his wife for 56 years. His wife has been sick for a while and he takes care of her. I commented to him that she is blessed to have a husband to care for her during her prolonged illness. It appears that they have quite a love story. Below I have quoted parts of his email response:

"No two people were as ignorant at age 22 and 21 than the two of us when we got married. Our youngest son observed that he has never seen two married people so poles apart in everything as we are. In our younger days, God put me through the wringer which she had to go through with me. Probably 80%-90% of women would have left me at that time. But she stuck in there.

"A love story? It's a story of two very opposite people who stuck together in marriage and faithfulness through a lot of hard difficult times. If being a jerk was grounds for divorce, my wife would have surely left me a long time ago. So now, I gladly take care of her."

What an inspiration they are to those of us in the trenches of life.

So whatever it is that you have commited to - God, spouse, kids, parents, friends, job, finances - don't give up.

Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. Gal. 6:9

Have a blessed day, Robin

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

reg-
been remembering you in my puppy prayers! hope dr. joe is nice to you bacause, if true be told, he is not my favorite person in the world! he even went so far as to say i was packing a few extra pounds--the nerve! i told him i'm just 'big boned!' and he said 'big bones' were what got me into this shape! comments about my physique aside, reg--you're my one and only boyfriend! get well soon! love, bella b. michelle, puppy-dog-at-law