TO CAR KEYS

Sunday, August 17, 2008

What is it with this Y chromosome?

I just don't get it. I am a girl. I am afraid of roller coasters, high ropes courses, snakes and the list goes on and on. It seems that this weekend there's been an extra dose of the Y chromosome in my house.

On Saturday, one of the boys told me all about his adventures the night before. It seems that he went motorcycle riding with a friend. He told me where all they went and how fast they drove. He beamed as he told me how much fun he had. I couldn't bring myself to ask him if he wore a helmet. Deep down, I knew the answer. Of course, from there he went on to tell me how long he thought it would take him to save up for a motorcycle and how much gas he would save. While I am very frugal, I didn't buy the "saving gas" logic. Desperately, I tried to think of a way to bribe him, threaten him or even ground him from motorcycle riding.


Today when we arrived home from church, our other son met me at the door. He was leaving to ride in an airplane with a friend (a real airplane!). This friend just got his pilot's license. As if riding in a airplane isn't enough, he told me his friend was going to practice his taking offs and landings. Now - I don't know much about flying but isn't that when most accidents happen? I tried desperately to think of some way to bribe him, threaten him or even ground him from airplane flying.

My husband (yet another Y chromosome) wouldn't let me bribe them, threaten them or ground them since they are almost 22 years old.

So - I have to wonder what is it that the Lord is trying to teach me? When I get the answer to this question, I will write a bestselling book.

Until then, I will continue to invest in haircolor and Aleve as well as spend time in prayer daily.

Have a great week and enjoy the Y chromosomes in your life,
Robin

1 comment:

Zan Jones, Founder of Sales JaZ said...

And I thought my 6 year old piercing her own ear was stressful! Both girls were in on it - I knew they were being too quiet. Brooke pranced in to see me with her hand on her hip flipping her hair so I could see it! She was so proud and I was HORRIFIED. And she hasn't even lost her first tooth yet.