TO CAR KEYS

Monday, April 28, 2008

Mom Tip: One Way to Pray for our Children

The other day a friend asked what to pray for our children. The following words immediately came to mind. While I would like to take credit for these words, I can't. Many years ago, I read them in James Dobson's book Hide or Seek. This book about building self-esteem is one of my all-time favorite parenting books.This is what he says:

"Without question, the most valuable contribution parents can make to children is to instill in them a genuine faith in Jesus Christ. What greater source of confidence can there be than knowing that the Creator of the unviverse is acquainted with us personally; that He values us more than the possessions of the entire world; that He understands our fears and anxieties and reaches out to us in immeasurable love when no one else cares; that He turns our liabilities into assets and our emptiness into fullness; that He sent His only Son to die for us and has promised us life eternal, where handicaps and inadequacies will be eliminated and pain, suffering, and tears will be no more than dim memories. What a beautiful philosophy with which to 'clothe' a child....This is self-worth at its richest."

One way to pray for our children (of all ages) is that they will grasp this life-changing concept as early as possible.

I hope you have a great day,
Robin

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thanks Robin. What a wonderful prayer. I have experienced this on so many levels in my life. I am using it daily for my children. that they would grasp this self-worth concept at a deep level and let Jesus be Lord over every aspect of their lives. Thanks for your ministry to moms